Delta V6 Blue Mist

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Blue Mist

Delta V6 Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

Due to the purchase of another boat and lack of storage, sadly my Delta V6 has to be sold. I thought I would post here before going down the usual routes of EBay etc. Blue Mist was built in 1981 (build number 381-337) she is totally original and has not been modified or altered in any way with the exception of two additional rear deck cleats. She comes with documented ownership from new, with coloured sales brochures showing Ray Wright driving this actual boat. Other sales related paperwork is included making a nice folder of related history. The boat is in the original blue and white gel coat complete with all original deck hardware and navigation lights. The cockpit has the factory fitted sports steering wheel, hand and foot throttles, Smith's chrome dials..fuel, oil pressure, water temp, amps, rev counter and speedo, grab handles, fire extinguisher, electric bilge pump, and an individually fused switch panel. Dark blue carpet is fitted throughout. The engine is a Ford Essex 3ltr V6 with custom Essex V6 alloy rockerbox covers, and polished stainless steel exhaust headers and exhaust pipes which produce a glorious sound! The engine is in tip top condition and starts on the button. Towards the end of last year all the hoses and clips were renewed, along with the Jabsco waterpump, core plugs, the exhaust rubbers, battery, starter motor, plugs, points and filters etc. The boats sits on her original trailer which has been completely refurbished.. new suspension and wheels, new tyres including the spare, new wheel bearings, mudguards and winch. Tonneau cover and brand new winter overall cover included. As far as I know, this boats has only ever been used in fresh water. It looks, runs and sounds superb, is fully serviced, fuelled and ready to go. Price £2795. If anybody fancies taking her to Cardiff and wants to make me an offer please phone or pm. Currently winterised and dry stored.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Pics of Blue Mist in action

Post by Rapier »

IMO there aren't many of this quality left.
Attachments
bluemistresize.jpg
bluemist3resize.jpg
Bluemist2resize.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Delta V6 Blue Mist

Post by Alacrity »

Lovely boat this one, see picture.
Attachments
Blue Mist - Thames Cruise 2008
Blue Mist - Thames Cruise 2008
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

Many thanks for posting the pics, :thumbsup: must learn how to do that !

rogersewell
CMBA Member: 0

Post by rogersewell »

Good Afternoon, very interested in your Delta. Do you have a telephone number I can contact you on.

Best Regards

Roger Sewell

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

Hi Roger, just logged on and seen your post, hopefully you now have my mob and land line numbers. Speak tomorrow as arranged.

Kind Regards
Brian

steveblazye

Post by steveblazye »

Can you tell me if your boat is still for sale please?

Regards

Steve

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

Hi Steve, as per our conversation, a deposit has been paid and the boat is waiting collection.

Rgds
Brian.

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

Blue Mist Sold. Thankyou CMBA.

Franklin

Post by Franklin »

Hi I wonder if you can help i have just got my hands on a Delta speed boat and have no manuels or literature to get her going. i am pulling a V6 Ford Essex out this weekend....Good luck everybody. And would love to get her back to a origanal stat. there is not a lot of info on the web, so i am over joyed to find CMBA. Or could you point me in the right direction.
Many thanks
Franklin