Albatross 2 Seater For Sale

Looking for your next project? Need to clear out the shed? Looking for that elusive part? This is the place to post.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

chris barker
CMBA Member: 12

Albatross 2 Seater For Sale

Post by chris barker »

For Sale:

1957 Albatross two seater Ford 100E Engine 'Snooky II' £2650

Stored in the North West

Chris Barker
E-mail barker63 at btinternet dot com
Attachments
Snooky 11 a.jpg

rnb
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Albatross 2 Seater For Sale

Post by rnb »

Allways greatly admired your boats Chris, at all times superbly sorted and detailed. I'm sure you have a very good reason for selling , wish i could afford the slipper stern.
Best wishes Rob Brown

chris barker

Post by chris barker »

Hi Rob

Lovely to hear from you and thanks for your kind comments.
Not using the Albatrosses like I used to and tend to do all of my boating on Windermere these days. have an 18ft Broom Capricorn which is ideal for a party and a 4 metre Avon RIB which is a lovely little thing. Still keeping one Albatross, 1500GT Mondora, which should be enough.
All the best

Regards

Chris B

rnb

Post by rnb »

Hello , hope you are well , i was afraid you were giving up boating completely , very happy that this is not the case .

I still remember fondly that fate often paired us together during those wonderful Fritton lake slalom competitions even though you beat me every single time !

Take care Rob

chris barker

Post by chris barker »

Hi Rob

Yes the slaloms at Fritton in the early 2000s were brilliant (even though dangerous!). You in your Ford 1600 Delta and me in my Ford 1500GT Albatross. We were pretty evenly matched and I only won by an hairsbreadth each time. two lines of six buoys, boats setting off in parallel, weaving inbetween each buoy then a 360 degree turn at the end before returning. All in about 20 seconds. brilliant!.
Seem to recall the competition also between the two V6 Deltas - 16 seconds incredible! Alan Fawcus in his race prepared Coventry Climax powered Albatross two seater was down in the 16 seconds once also.
Ended up buying a Delta V6 but I was never good enough to get down to 16 seconds - just not talented enough!
Chris Barber doing 360 degree turns in his 4 seater CC 6 hour race 4 seater Albatross.............
Perhaps the most dangerous sight was seeing a Yarecraft Sea Swallow and similar trying to do the 360 turns. nearly turned them over! Outboard on full lock under power.............

Fond memories - but 10 years older now!!!

Thanks for reminding me

Regards

Chris B

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

We should start a nostalgia thread for the Fritton rally. I was one of the Yarecraft owners doing a fine display of exuberance over ability great fun :woo:

Sorry to see you are thinning out your fleet Chris, hope the new owners do them justice.

Dave

chris barker

Post by chris barker »

Hi Dave

Nice to hear from you. yes, Yarecraft were fun!!! on the slaloms. Note that Rapier hated Fritton. The best years were the earlier ones. 1999 to 2004. Think Rapier started going in 2005 when officialdom was getting more awkward and the place was being run down. Full of Lodges now I believe. Still there was a good turn out at Fritton from the North of England which has been lost at Cardiff.

Regards

Chris B

rogersewell

Post by rogersewell »

Good evening,
just checking if the Albatross is still for sale.

Regards

chris barker

Post by chris barker »

Yes it is

Chris B

rogersewell

Post by rogersewell »

Thanks, could you give me a few details, condition etc. Sold mine 4 years ago and have regretted it ever since.
My personal email address is roger.sewell26@btinternet.com

Regards