Miss Isle Launch

Please list all non CMBA events here. These are not official CMBA Events and the CMBA accepts no liability for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided herein.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Miss Isle Launch

Post by water_buoy »

Don't be alarmed by the title, its not the Cold War type... The day has finally come to set an actual date on the launch and I am very much looking forward to getting her on the water!

If you would like to come along and see her on the water for the first time then all are welcome. Obviously there are limitations to the way we can do this so here is how I am proposing to run things.

I am planning to give the boat a run up and down the river. As I need to get some hours on the engine and check if all is in order, there may be some tinkering (but hopefully all will work) so I'm not planning to stray too far from the Marina at least initially. It is a quiet river stretch with a good run up and down stream before getting to any locks. If all is well and everyone wants to then we might partake in a trip further downstream.

If you want to bring a boat
I have got the go ahead to launch at Lechlade Marina along with up to 9 other boats. If you would like to bring a boat along and launch at the same time to have a trip on the river then please message me and we can arrange details for that. All launches at the marina will need to be pre booked.

If you want to come on foot
If you want to come on foot and just have a look at the boat then there is a large car park just across the river from the marina where you will be able to park up and see everything from the bank, there is also a nice footpath that runs along the river. Please note the marina has requested that only people launching boats (and those with them) come there in order to keep the traffic down. If you want to come on foot then please let me know as well, I will aim to send around details of where we will be and when, where you can park etc. If there are quite a few that want to come on foot then I may look at arranging for us all to moor up at a pub on the river so everyone can have a catch up. There is one with a very large garden so there is plenty of space for distancing and parking.

If you can't make it or aren't comfortable coming given the current situation then don't worry, there will be plenty of other opportunities to see her on the water. I am planning to hire a lake at some point in the future and run trips on the boat so that everyone who has been following the project (and can make it along) can have a ride in her. That will of course be when some normality has resumed and hopefully I've got the boat all fine tuned.

I will also be shooting video and taking lots of pictures on the day so if you can't make it or follow from another country then I should be able to offer you a virtual ride instead :)

So in short please let me know if you'd like to come along so I can keep a handle on how to play things and give you all the details....

Two and a bit weeks to go!!!
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

water_buoy

Re: Miss Isle Launch

Post by water_buoy »

Sorry I just realised I didn't put the date on.. that might be handy!

It's going to be Saturday the 11th July. :thumbsup:

water_buoy

Post by water_buoy »

A little bit of video for those that couldn't make it...

carmine
CMBA Member: 0

Post by carmine »

water_buoy wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:26 pm
A little bit of video for those that couldn't make it...

Wow amazing boat. Just saw the video (I am new to this forum). Really great job! Congratulations!

https://www.leavingcard.com/gb/viewpdf/ ... 140480.pdf