Itchin and Scratchin run

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Blue Mist

Re: Itchin and Scratchin run

Post by Blue Mist »

Hi Petrol Head, Many thanks for the offer, will assess when we arrive at the slip. As you know we sit in tandem in the Race Boat so will be wearing our race helmets which are connected to the onboard intercom system so might not hear the phone :giggle: Have sent a PM. Look forward to catching up sat. B and S

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

Hi all,

regret not around tomorrow despite itchen & scratchin being in my back garden , so to speak! However good news, my rebuilt Merc 50 makes proper 4 cyl noises and produces lots of smoke, so will be 'running in' trials around Ivy lake next week.

have fun, great news that Blue Mist is around again, do pass on my regards.

cheers, Chris

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Daren and Avenger 16 to join us too..
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Hi Nick

Thanks for organising another cracking day out on the water :wot: with weather to suit :thumbsup: , and particular thanks for the ride in your boat. :perfect:

Al :help:

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

I too wish to thank those that did more than I, which it has to be said this time was everybody! I even pitched up without my fuel can/fuel...........left at the filling station :oops:

So ta for Nick prodding us all to set a day up.
Phil for "wading" this time and keeping me off that slippy slipway
Mike for dunking his truck not mine
And very importantly Chairman H and his lovely lady for driving around Southampton and delivering to me a fuel can full of premix.

Seriously, its great to have good friends, Thanks all. My little Mini Clubman was a blast on the chop, and being solo I just pointed straight into the big waves :woo:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

A big thank you to Nick for organising the day, to Phil & Mike for doing all the launch & recovery and to everyone else for the great company :notworthy: All I did on the day is turn up & have a great day on the water & in the Jolly Sailor :oops:

We were sooo lucky with the weather :chuffed: , it was warm with sunny spells, the wind didn't appear to ever get above a force 3 I wouldn't think (if that a lot of the time). The fact that I was able to run Thunderball, my '68 Broom Capricorn, down Soton water flat out at a shade under 39 mph 2 up most of the time shows how manageable the sea state was, she isn't noted for her smooth ride in bumpy water!

Great fun with, as ever, great company, thanks to all, especially those mentioned above. :thumbsup:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Was a great day indeed, nice to catch up with everyone, especially Daren on a his 1st I&S run and those that commuted from more than 15mins away! Many thanks to Mike and Phil for launch and recovery duties; was very much appreciated. I promised Mike a length of rope so we can slip without getting his car immersed, if anyone has something suitable to donate to him (with some embellishments of my own) please let me know.

Interesting drive in Petrolhead's Mini Clubman..came to the conclusion they're not meant for people my size :hilarious:

Grant, you missed out on a great day....I looked, but I could find no newspaper cuttings in my boat this time either.
Attachments
Picture 044 (Large).jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

regarding a rope, last time Mike dunked his car I offered a rope and he declined! I had rope in my Truck and also a towing pole which works well. Perhaps I should have offered again, but I was floating out on the river last to be recovered.

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

Hi Nick,I would like to add our thanks for arranging saturdays run out. We both really enjoyed it, was nice to have a run in the boat and not have the pressures that normally go with it! Was nice to catch up and look forward to doing it again sometime.

Dakota
CMBA Member: 690

Post by Dakota »

Enjoyed my first Itchen & Scratchin Run immensely :woo: you cannot beat a nice bit of chop to get the adrenaline going :wot:

Unfortunately, I managed to collide with some debris in the main channel resulting in a chunk of stainless missing from my Ballistic prop - any ideas on who best to repair?

Finally, worth the petrol money alone to see the beautiful Triana's moored in the estuary - but is the one on the left when heading towards the Jolly Sailor a Levi 27 Corsair ? Reason for asking is the deck shape ?

Once again, thanks to all for a great day - great way to end the season. :wot:

Regards