The Arun Run 2009

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Re: The Arun Run 2009

Post by Scandal »

Hi Brian

I could turn up on either day, either weekend, but please pick the sunniest day. Rapier did for the Itchen day out, so perhaps we should ask him how he does it. Thinking about it, we may really not want to know the answer as it my involve Rapier dancing or singing wearing a strange expression, or an even stranger ritual involving a pull chord.

Sorry to hear your selling the boat, but maybe you'll get a faster one next time. If you get stuck you could borrow the Green Goddess, but maybe your not quite tht stuck

Al

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

assegai wrote:Saturday would be good. Selling the Delta? Is LeanToo coming back to life or do you have a new toy in mind?
Yeah, want to get the old girl home, but as usual trying to find somewhere to dry store her is a real pain, on the case 24/7.......Yes looking for a new toy :D seen a couple but not parted with any folding yet.
Looking for something a little racey with an outboard nothing to serious just enough so as Val can give you boys a wave in your old Tremletts, Stapleys, Avengers, etc as we go past. :D :D :D :wot: Also need a Volvo Penta B18/20.

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

BroomBroom wrote:We'll probably be hitching a ride but definitely a thumbs up from me and the Spikey one :cheers:
Happy to help out with fees for our river taxi on the day!
Slight change of plans Brian... The Arun Run is now the proposed launch day for 'Gina' :P
So, if all goes according to plan - you can add another boat to the list!

Cheers,

Robin :wot:
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

Hi Robin, not more champers ! Nick last year, you this year....good skills we only need one more boat now for free moorings :D Have emailed Mike (editor CMBA mag) with a spiel to promote the event. Hope to get more entrants from it. Date planned is Saturday 11 July. Will post an update as soon as I have some further info.

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

Arun Run News Update: Martin and Sandra have signed up for the 11th. Good news as we now have 8 boats and should get our free moorings. :D

LaDauphine

Post by LaDauphine »

Need to check the diary, and of course get permission, but in principle, we're in too.

Richard

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

we currently intend "en famile" to attend, it is close to a birthday however meaning it may be family visit weekend! MIN the intended participant and hopefully with no flakes of red fuel tank paint in the carb so that she can run both ways on the river! her big twin should by then be respendent in new paint but who knows which lid it will be wearing! still hoping the toerag that nicked it cut something off nasty whilst crawling out of the shed over the sharp stuff around it :x

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Brian sorry to put a damper on the numbers but I have double booked myself & shall be in Cornwall that weekend :( Was going to bring the Stapely 'freight train' for a blast out to sea as well.

Not a happy bunny about it, who is the events co-ordinator for the CMBA?? :oops: :oops: :roll:

Sorry chaps. :(
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

can we have confirmation the run is 11th July?....there was so much banter on this thread I lost the plot and am unsure a definite date was confirmed! we intend to come and I need to dig MIN out of her lock up and fit her motor, tucking Shakespeare away for this one.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

It is indeed on the 11th of July - the day after I go on holiday! :x
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!