Ray Wright.

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

delta ray
CMBA Member: 931

Ray Wright.

Post by delta ray »

Still can`t find any info on my Ray Wright delta V4!... I`ve been trying to find out how to restore this boat for a while now...
Does any body know of a person that has one in original condition so i can take pictures....
Is there a club?... can you help...
cheers .. Cj.
Last edited by delta ray on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Ray Wright.

Post by Rapier »

Hi, not many of these around, perhaps due to the V4 engine configuration - may be worthwhile sending a PM to Day Dream's - he's selling his.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

delta ray

Post by delta ray »

Rapier wrote:Hi, not many of these around, perhaps due to the V4 engine configuration - may be worthwhile sending a PM to Day Dream's - he's selling his.
Hi, thanks for the tip....
i tried the said person...but no longer exists , shame as would of liked to of had a chat on the subject...
ive seen plenty on grp models but not the alloy model like mine especially the v4!
....cj..

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

He is still about as he posted this post on the 24/8/12. Have you tried sending him a PM?
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Day Dream's
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Day Dream's »

Hi

Still around alright, My V4 is a grp, I would think the best way is too attend a few meets and see some members Deltas, as for the V4, have a good poke around the block and try and identify the casted numbers on it(picture Below), a quick google will date the engine and you will be able to find out what car it was in , parts are easy to get.

with my own i got the engine totally rebuilt, it was cheaper in the long run and now i have a brand new/old engine! with the hull I stripped it totally down and painted it with automotive paint, again a new wiring loom was chaeper then trying to untangla the mess that was there and allowed me to add a powerpoint for a chartplotter and isolation keys, I got refurbished clocks and new upholserthy, the hardest things to get are deck fittings.

delta ray

Post by delta ray »

Hey a wonderful job you've done there and pictures are great...
I see the colour is blue and white, is that original!..
When I stripped back the layers of paint to witch it looks like 10 coats
Had been applied in the past I found the first coat to be black!...

I've only seen 2 boats ever painted like this and they were two tone
With red/silver!... :wot:

Guy
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Guy »

Hi I am new here but I have a Ray Wright Delta in GRP with a 1600 Ford crossflow, if you want to see pictures and progress and issues to do with the rebuild there is a group I started on facebook called Ray Wright Delta - Project. Regards Guy