Cardiff 2013

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Re: Cardiff 2013

Post by welshhealey »

Seem to have happened across a shark in the shallows of Tiger Bay (Bae Teigr) luckily I had a spare with me.[/quote]

I like the Welsh attempt lol :hilarious: well done, also to say what a "Fab" weekend :perfect: atmosphere was awesome and with weather to match ! roll on next year ! :thumbsup:

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

Here's a few more "arty type" pics, mostly from Cardiff but there's a couple in there from the itchen run too.

http://s40.photobucket.com/user/dan9487 ... t=3&page=1
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Best Cardiff Rally...

Fabulous weather, :thumbsup: lots of time on the water, :wild: great entertainment... :thumbsup: We enjoyed every minute... Looking forward to our next great CMBA event :wot:

Thanks to all those who worked so hard for our enjoyment :perfect:

Al :help:

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Janice and I and all the family had a wonderful weekend thanks to all those who made it possible and worked so hard to make it happen. A special thanks to all of you that helped to launch and recover the boats as it is such a great help and always very much appreciated. Thanks also to Clive and Dave for getting my hitherto untried boat and engine into a running rig that gave us a more or less trouble free weekend. Lastly a very special thank you to all members who supported the weekend allowing us to meet up with old friends and making many new. For us one of the best Cardiff events we have ever had.

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

I only arrived on Sunday afternoon but I had a ball. :woo: :woo: It was nice to meet people and put faces to the names. I would like to thank everyone for making me feel welcome. :drink:,especially Geoff who took me for the parade run,apologies to the girls who give up their seats.Apologies to Geoff for stepping aboard and sitting down like a plonker without untying the mooring ropes :oops: :oops: and if that wasn't enough,throwing his fender overboard without checking to see if it was tied on :oops: :oops: ,my excuse is that we were pushing forty hours without sleep.But this big kid had the time of his life. :wot:
Thanks to Dave for taking the time out from his recovery duties to show me his Shakey and answer my questions,apologies to those who got delayed while I picked his brains. :D
I have to say I admire the patience and perseverance of everybody.The care,effort and time put into those boats makes me a little :mrgreen: :notworthy:
Maybe next year :wot: :drink: :drink:
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

It was a treat for us to see you three there Haventaclue, a nice surprise. I'm glad you enjoyed your little gentle cruise around the bay.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Just to add our thanks for a brilliant weekend, we had a great time time and enjoyed catching up with everyone...a big THANK YOU to everyone who made it happen :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Growing up is optional...

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

Alacrity wrote: gentle cruise around the bay.
:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: That's not exactly how I would describe it.More like driving at high speed on a forest track in a landrover with no springs.Adrenalin rushing,heart pumping,yep,that's what I call a pleasant afternoon's boating :woo: :woo:
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

carl minshall

Post by carl minshall »

Great weekend, great weather, great rally,
Thanks, Carl and Josh.

Classic fever
CMBA Member: 907

Post by Classic fever »

Please find some photos of Sunday attached on the following link
http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/class ... 20-%20CMBA
PM me if you would like any of the original files

Was a great show on Sunday - thoroughly enjoyable even though I was boat less - special thanks to Rapier for the spin around the bay