Microplas microboat

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Re: Microplas microboat

Post by sean-nós »

I think I have it for €50 but I won't say for definite till it's in my back garden :D At least with this boat I can be a member of CMBA with a true classic boat even if it is only 7 foot of one :chuffed:

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Great stuff...what engine are you thinking of? I remember getting on the plane with 3hp but the brochure suggests up to 10hp...that would be interesting!
Growing up is optional...

sean-nós

Post by sean-nós »

I have a little 3.9 that should push it along and if I feel the need for speed I'll just climb into the crackerbox :D

sean-nós

Post by sean-nós »

Sea-Jay wrote:As I recall Petula Clark had one!!!

Just shows what an old fart I am!
Microbat
The ever increasing popularity and utility of resin plastics and fibreglass has led to the production of several new types of cheap water-craft for the 'family-man' -- and weekend water nymphs.

One of the latest is the British 'Microbat' manufactured by a firm on the outskirts of London .. Designed a miniature 'runabout' in glass and reinforced plastic, this versatile little craft provides high stability with modest dimensions.

Weighing only sixty pounds or so, Microboat carries three people if necessary, with quite an exciting performance.

One of the first of the production line was handed over to British screen, stage and radio personality, Petula Clark, who couldn't wait to go for a 'spin' on the Thames at East Moseley.

The boat itself costs around 45 GBP - plus an outboard motor from 1 1/2hp to 4 hp or upwards.

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Hadn't seen that one... amazing what there is out there.

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

sean-nós wrote:I have a little 3.9 that should push it along and if I feel the need for speed I'll just climb into the crackerbox :D

Nice should do a treat, I'm going for a 3hp Evinrude Light Twin purely for nostalgic reasons or possibly an Anzani Pilot.

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

Healey75 wrote: Nice should do a treat, I'm going for a 3hp Evinrude Light Twin purely for nostalgic reasons or possibly an Anzani Pilot.
Let me know if you need any bits for a Lightwin, I'm going to be breaking one for spares soon, I've also got a brand new set of decals (1965) so give me a shout if your short of bits :thumbsup:
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

sean-nós

Post by sean-nós »

Well here she is :D

I'm not sure if the oar locks are original.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Very nice - hope you have fun!
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

Well done...shows you have good taste, looks in better nick than mine was when I got her back... :thumbsup: