Chertsey

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Chertsey

Post by floater »

Huge thanks to David for organising the meeting at Chertsey, particularly for getting the weather to at least smirk if not smile on us for the duration. Very good also to meet some new faces along with the regulars.

My Merc decided to try my patience again and did a good job of convincing me that my future lies with motorcycles. It was good however to be able to tinker with the boat in the water so changes could be proved ineffective immediately. Please accept my apologies if you found me a bit light on humour at times a Merc seems to sap my geniality some what, particularly when the blue haze over the back of the boat was language rather than exhaust.

At least I got to take a boat along, once again David selflesly organised an event that he could not benefit from :thumbsup:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Chertsey

Post by Alacrity »

My thanks also to David (who won't be reading this!!) for organising AND launching/recovering most of us. Also thanks to Rapier for making his CRV available as a launch vehicle due to the muddy conditions.

I had a good day - up until the exhaust system on the Delta overheated (power failure to the pump) & melted the hoses so that was that!

I felt for Floater, he has put so much time & effort into his Merc & still it is fighting him. :( :console:

Generally a good day (as ever with a CMBA meet) with great company. Great fun! :D
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Thanks David and all others who attended. Was a great turnout of boats and people.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Thanks David, :thumbsup: another good day.
Quite a high rate of busted boats, and we'd been doing so well recently. At least there were enough boats still running to get everyone back to the ramp. :perfect:

Great to see Keith up and about, and flying round the pond in Molly which managed a fair old turn of speed. :thumbsup:

Great to see new boats and members enjoying the day on the water and good to catch up with the usual suspects, always nice to chat. :pirate:

On a point of order, yon launch and recovery vehicle belongs not to Rapier, but to Grace, who may want it washing.:hilarious:

Regards

Al

Classic fever
CMBA Member: 907

Post by Classic fever »

As an inexperienced member with less to offer and everything to learn, a huge thanks to the more well known members for launching and recovering me and the new member who towed me to the ramp (after several high speed laps around the lake with me grinning like a school kid)
David gave up his day of boating to ensure everyone had a great time.
It was a pleasure as always to talk boats and engines with familiar and new acquaintances.
Looking forward to the next time
Regards
Paul

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Scandal wrote:On a point of order, yon launch and recovery vehicle belongs not to Rapier, but to Grace, who may want it washing.:hilarious:
Honda now washed, Mrs very happy.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...