The Arun Run 2009

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: The Arun Run 2009

Post by Rapier »

Very gloomy, but what a wonderful day regardless. Breakfast at the marina, followed by a leisurely run up river from about 11am-ish and then back down against the tide (like swimming in treacle) to the marina and a late lunch followed by a slip out.

Blue Mist, thanks for the organisation against all odds again. We had a great time in DIXIE: well, maybe bored everyone on board stiffless. Robin, thanks for taking the helm and pulling in the thingys when the translation service wasn't working.

We had Keith (and crew) as support boat which was a great comfort, especially with my motor being tested.

Will add vids when I can.
Attachments
Picture 016resize.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

Our thanks to Brian for organising this lovely trip, despite a disappointing lack of support, certainly we really appreciated it. Thanks also to Keith along with his crew for offering the safety boat service which in such a fast flowing river (fastest in England I believe?) is priceless. Fortunately nobody needed his service and we all returned under our own steam.

Best sight of the day? classic boats under power? Arundel castle in atmospheric dark cloud background? No......the look on a 4 year olds face when Scandal decided to take delivery of a large chocalate ice cream sundae pudding :lol:

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

Just chipping in with my thanks to Brian (and my sympathies to the 'ladies' ;) )

A splendid excursion, albeit a little marred by the presence of what I would describe as 'a little low cloud'. Also extend my undying gratitude to Rapier for putting up with my ballast for the day and entrusting 'DIXIE' to me - great fun :thumbsup: .

Though I was sad not have got 'Gina' ready in time - on reflection, it was not quite a 'champagne on the slipway' day...
Thanks also to petrolhead for his kind offer of trailer assistance - hopefully you won't hear from me - but you never know...

Few pics herewith for your delectation...

Robin
Attachments
A Stinger and a Steamer...
A Stinger and a Steamer...
The Arty Shot
The Arty Shot
Ships Biscuit!
Ships Biscuit!
Low Cloud
Low Cloud
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

:thumbsup: Thanks very much Brian and Val for organising another very enjoyable day on the water :perfect: . Next year must be our turn for scorching sun.

Al :wot:

Blue Mist

Post by Blue Mist »

I think considering the pants weather we did good, Glad everybody enjoyed it ! If we do one next year as Al says, it must be our turn for the scorching sun. :thumbsup:

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Sorry for the delay in replying but had a few computer problems but all is now well.Janice and I had a lovely day in spite of the weather but the company the conversation and the food made up for that .Thanks Brian and thanks everyone roll on next year and we were pleased not to have been of service :perfect: