Cardiff Bay Classic 2009

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Cardiff Bay Classic 2009

Post by Alacrity »

Thanks for putting the links up Kris. Looking forward to a day on the Thames on the 6th, then Southampton water a week later and then the wonderful Falmouth rally at the end of Sept. Can't wait. :P
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Nice videos in their entirety. I did laugh at No1 and DIXIE doing it's stunt at 1:56...two walls of water go up near vertical on either side of the bow, these blow back and wet any following boats on either side...(I did apologise profusely to Blue Mist's cousin; I promise it was intended for Alactrity only).
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

That boat should be re-named 'Moses' :shock: :)
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

knarloid
CMBA Member: 754

Post by knarloid »

Alacrity wrote:Thanks for putting the links up Kris. Looking forward to a day on the Thames on the 6th, then Southampton water a week later and then the wonderful Falmouth rally at the end of Sept. Can't wait. :P
I'm jealous of the regular meets you have over there.
I'm off to Waterford this evening. Full tide all through the middle of the day tomorrow and Sunday, so West Wind is getting dunked. :thumbsup:
Plenty of family members hanging around for a spin :wot:

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Ahh but you have the option of fabulous fresh water lough's should you chose, most of our boating is in that nasty salty stuff. :(

knarloid
CMBA Member: 754

Post by knarloid »

Too true - and that's what next weekend holds when I hopefully get out on Lough Ree for a few hours :thumbsup:

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Post by twister »

knarloid wrote: I'm jealous of the regular meets you have over there.
Regular Meets? Only if you're on the South Coast and have a boat that can handle salt water, is my view! :)

Roll on November - then I can get a fix every day! But not, unfortunately, in my Albatross, which won't fit in my suitcase...

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

A combination of ACF-50 for the lummies, lots of scrubbing and 45 mins on the flush muffs for the Mercs means that they don't get dipped often enough. Here's to 100s of miles of fresh water, no slipways and no pontoons!
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...