Hello

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Clunk
CMBA Member: 0

Hello

Post by Clunk »

Hi, new to the forum, was hoping to talk with other classic boat owners and hopefully pick up a bit of knowledge.

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: Hello

Post by floater »

Hi and welcome, hope you find all the information you need along with some interesting asides. It also worth looking in on the CMBA Facebook page too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/145124038858927/

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Personally, I find little value in the Facebook page regarding information but would suggest that you consider joining the CMBA via this website either using Paypal or by cheque to me the Membership Secretary who can give you contacts regarding different boats and all the necessary information you need to help you in this engaging hobby of Classic boats or give me a call and I will be very pleased to chat with you 01202 870769. Welcome to the Forum.

Clunk
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Clunk »

It seems very quiet on here, unfortunately don't use Facebook. Is the cm a site much busier?

kwoffa
CMBA Member: 1180

Post by kwoffa »

Hi..
I think you will find most boating clubs are slow at this time of year...most people are still thinking about what needs doing to their gems for the new upcoming season.

I joined the CMBA with lots of enthusiasm after buying my boat...filled with anticipation of a fountain of knowledge coming my way...unfortunatly it didnt work out that way for me :never knew why.I am sure like me you will find a few people will pop out of the woodwork and give you advice if thats what you need...I am still in touch with the few people i found and now have become friends....altho no longer a member....I wish you well with your boat....

Bronteboxer
CMBA Member: 915

Post by Bronteboxer »

Hi Clunk and welcome to a nearly dead forum!

I have been a member for years and it’s done down in use over the years. I spent over 8 years restoring my boat and when finished I posted pictures here. I did the same on my car club site and got 40 messages in days. After months I didn’t have one single response.

I’m still waiting for some, from an experienced boater and that’s not me, some basic advice requested & posted on 2nD Nov 2022!, so don’t hold your breath.

I think this is very sad from what was once a vibrant and interesting site.

I persevere logging on and hoping it might change, I’m not holding my breath either. :wild:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Welcome! Unfortunately most of the traffic to the site comes for boat specific info or old history / archive material now, with the exception of the internet finds. With the increasing popularity of Facebook groups that cover specific brands of classic or even generic fibreglass boats with constant postings, but little depth of thread, there isn’t much call for a traditional forum like this. This forum is still functional though and is a mine of useful tips and some neat restorations, as its been running for years, but most prefer Facebook groups for the sexy stuff, unbiased advice, and daily thrills (and abuse).
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...