Bluebird K7

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Bluebird K7

Post by floater »

Latest episode

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-58614899

I am clearly mistaken but I'd have thought the remains brought up from the lake would be considered "salvage" and therefore property of whoever claimed it? :hmmm:

evinrudelto
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Bluebird K7

Post by evinrudelto »

im not a lover of museums through past experiences with them . many seem to be run by jumped up "toffs" with very little knowledge of what they are presenting .
ive disposed of numerous historic items over the years ,sadly not to museums as they will take ,then stick the items into their archives never to be seen again.
ive recently acquired a beautiful historic hydroplane from the twenties (not for sale !!! ) which was loaned to a museum that closed ,who promptly "lost" a lot of its historic documentation !!!!
hopefully the boat will return to the water in the near future where it rightfully belongs .

kwoffa
CMBA Member: 1180

Re: Bluebird K7

Post by kwoffa »

Went up to Coniston a couple of weeks back..not only to see the outstanding beauty but also the Bluebird conection.....I was so dissapointed with the pile of slate bricks to comemorate Donald Cambell.....as far as i am aware he used his own money etc to accomplish the runs with only the Union Jack on the boats tail...no sponsorship logos etc......just a shame.....