Motorised Jockey Wheel

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Motorised Jockey Wheel

Post by welshhealey »

Not sure if any readers have had any experience with motorised jockey wheels ? but thinking about getting one as our boats are starting to get difficult to push up the drive solo as I’m getting older :hmmm: there are loads to choose from online and detachable for using on our other boat trailers, there are some models which are quite heavy duty to push loads up to 2000kg and over also with an incredible tow ball weight capacity, our drive has a slight incline so not sure if they’re strong enough to push the boat on its own, any advice on this subject would be appreciated . :perfect:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Motorised Jockey Wheel

Post by Rapier »

I remember Steve C had a similar incline from garage, around a corner and onto the road. He bought a caravan mover for his Healey 75; which worked well.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Post by welshhealey »

Ah yes of course, you’ve seen the drive and incline in question on your recent visit, just looking on the net prior to this reply, quite a variation on price too, loads of videos and demos on you tube, most of which filmed in down under or U.S . and the product themselves are only available in their retrospective countries. The motorised dolly’s looks a robust design with a tow ball connection type (probably safer with the aforementioned incline) I’m sure I’ll find a good UK supplier eventually. Moved the Winner recently up the drive ( without the engine) and had to lie down in a dark room for an hour afterwards .

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Other option is to buy, or cobble together a towbar mount and one of these?

https://picclick.co.uk/Silverline-74885 ... 66133.html
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...