Windermere registration

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Speed6
CMBA Member: 1172

Windermere registration

Post by Speed6 »

Is it just me.
My Simmonds and Albatross have both been rejected for Windermere registration renewal because I haven't sent a head and shoulder picture and at least 2 other forms of ID! The boats have been registered on Windermere for the last 5 years, they have my address, they have my bank details, they have my email address and they have my telephone number, they have the location the boats are stored and launched. Why do they need in addition of all that my rates bill and bank statement as well as photo?
GDPR apparently is the reason why I cant even speak to my daughters car insurance company to assist with a claim yet these people want to put all this data on me on a desk in Kendal for goodness knows who to see!

Rant over. off to take a picture :grrr:

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: Windermere registration

Post by floater »

It is frustrating that so many organisations now require unwarranted amounts of personal data. I wanted to pay some money into my sons account. They took the money happily enough but are holding onto it and not adding it to his account because he failed their internal experien credit check. He’s 18 which explains the lack of credit history, we are now having to provide three forms of ID before they’ll credit my money that they are holding to his account.

As far as your photo goes, send them a picture of someone else. Oh and after that ask them for a copy of all of the information they hold relating to you, that is your right under gdpr and they have to provide it to you.

Really quite annoyed now :wild:

LaDauphine

Re: Windermere registration

Post by LaDauphine »

Same here. I sent the money but they kept asking for a photo. Irritated me.

I just sent one after realising they could just find it on Google anyway.

Tempting to do a subject access / foi request, though, just to annoy.