Marina 14, anybody who knows these boats?

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

davinc
CMBA Member: 0

Marina 14, anybody who knows these boats?

Post by davinc »

Hi there,
I’m Vincent, proud owner of a (bit of neglected) marina 14 and new to this forum.
Bought this boat 2 years ago, put a 115hp Suzuki dt behind it, blew it up at the 3rd run, bought a 140hp Suzuki dt which I found quite fast and was convenient because it’s basically the same outboard with the same mounting points but it haven’t run right yet and I sort of gave up.
Now, after another year, I’m getting excited again. Summer is coming and a colleague of mine accidentally bought a marina 16gt which we found out later on :). I went on the internet to find some information about these boat 16gt and stumbled across this forum. Super glad that I could find something because getting some information about the marina I have seems quite impossible. Even when I contacted the builder, or actually his daughter. She told me that the poor man suffers from alzheimer soon can’t ask it directly anymore.

So the first question i have is if there is someone who knows this type of marina and could give me some background information. I love the boat for the looks and the handling (as far as I could experience it with those stupid Suzukis) but it would be nice if I know what I actually have :).

Thanks in advance!

Greetings, Vincent
Attachments
B8B211B3-B47E-4DB2-B24F-F731A92F9162.jpeg
Last edited by davinc on Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Marina 14

Post by Rapier »

Welcome to the forum. It’s a smart looking boat, but I think it’s a late 60s early 70s 16ft Fletcher, of the kind that were popular in ski-racing on the south coast of UK. I’d need to check some old adverts I have, but in the interim, if you could take a pic of the transom and splashwell it might help further. I guess the boat is registered in the Netherlands?
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

davinc
CMBA Member: 0

Post by davinc »

Thanks! Yes, from the Netherlands :).

It does look like a fletcher 150 but is really is a Marina. If I may believe al the signs on the boat at least. We do have a lot of old British speed boats over here like Fletchers, Shakespeares, Sims and you name it and I’m quite familiar with them. But for some reason the Marina’s never really caught on. Sometimes you come across a 13ft and apparently some 16gt’s but never seen or even heard of this 14ft. Can’t find pictures or information or anything.

Will make some better pictures if the weather isn’t so British over here :).
Attachments
949D68AE-8CB3-48C2-8AEB-6A3D5CA274DE.jpeg
6367470C-F0CF-425C-BE75-D2791CD33D8E.jpeg
4578B3D5-A766-4872-AB4F-6D0C150D3F69.jpeg

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Well, that’s interesting, never seen a Marina like that. Will add the pics to my list.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...