Poole 2010

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Mpower
CMBA Member: 486

Poole 2010

Post by Mpower »

Hope everyone going out in Poole harbour tomorrow has a good day. I can't make it this year unfortunately as I discovered a sizable crack in the hull after Falmouth. I'll probably pop down to wareham quay on Sunday for a look, don't fancy the weather much.

TTFN
Doug

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Poole 2010

Post by Alacrity »

Sorry to hear about the boat damage, not good. If it's any consolation Falmouth's rough water just about finished off the Stapely's deck! Hopefully see you at Wareham.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Hi Doug, yes hope you get on the water again soon. Another consolation, my two very nice merc tanks have some very nice dents in them...they must have been airborne mostly.
Attachments
Picture 028 (Small).jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Talk about wet yesterday...some of us braved the Netley boat jumble. A lack of stands, rain and soon-to-be swamps drove us to the comfort of home within and hour or so, but I did find another 3 gallon fuel tank for HumBug, new at 12quid from a dealer: makes a change from the 29.95 versions advertised on ebay.

Assume that Poole was the same weatherwise - hopefully some boating was done?
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Poole was great fun as ever with nine boats braving the forecast. The weather Saturday was the best yet in the 3 years I have been taking a boat there, we had a lovely couple of hours touring the harbour plus plenty of time to play on our own. The best fun cranking the Stapely around the bends before the speed limit on the way to Wareham, :woo: It was made all the better when we found Derek & Phil Howarth waiting for us when we got back, Derek finally looking well again after his op. :thumbsup: The evening meal was the normal good quality fare with 24-26 folk joining up for a fun evening.

Sunday was a different story, wind & rain meant no boating but lots of jolly chat & tea passed the time followed by a car run up to Wareham for a good roast dinner. A thoroughly enjoyable final(ish) rally of the season. Many thanks to Andy & Bridget who made it all possible & same to all those who attended & made it such good fun.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

It was a good run out on Saturday with there being just enough chop to make the water enjoyable nice to end the season with a blast up to the Wareham River entrance. :pirate:

As Geoff says, nice to to see Derek back on his feet and looking forward to boating next season. :wot:

Thanks to Bridget and Andy for making it all happen including a splendid evening at Lakeyard. :juggle: :perfect:

Al :help:

cowsail
CMBA Member: 52

Post by cowsail »

add my thanks to andy & bridget- we hardly noticed the weathe.we were badly fooled by the first two years there when it was glorious.
j.d.

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Our thanks to all for a thoroughly enjoyable weekend inspite of the terrible sunday weather.Great company,good food,plenty of chat and hopefully you all got home safely.Our thanks to all. J and K:D

Carvalin

Post by Carvalin »

Many thanks Andy & Bridget, a great day out :perfect:

Technically speaking this was Carvalin's maidn voyage (with the CMBA), i.e. the first time we havent broken down or indeed evn got started :woo: well worth the wait though :wot:

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

A few piccy's of Saturday's frolics.
Attachments
Queen Gull prior to soaking her driver!!
Queen Gull prior to soaking her driver!!
se7en take Phil Bywater & Tarantula out for a blast
se7en take Phil Bywater & Tarantula out for a blast
Mike Tarry's 'Muchado'
Mike Tarry's 'Muchado'
Chris Parsons gets a ride with Puddleduck
Chris Parsons gets a ride with Puddleduck
Puddleduck's Cinderella 'Penny Too'
Puddleduck's Cinderella 'Penny Too'
Andy & Colin Jackson in 'Carvalin'
Andy & Colin Jackson in 'Carvalin'