When eBay and alcohol mix....

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

knarloid
CMBA Member: 754

When eBay and alcohol mix....

Post by knarloid »

I had been thinking of picking up a small classic auxiliary in recent months for next season, but chose to wait until the Winter when there might be a bargain out there.
Reason was to use it on a smaller portable boat (yet to be bought) to use on the smaller lakes with the kids which limit boats to 10hp (mainly fishing lakes and reservoirs).
Last week I came across this little beauty which has been restored by someone in Pennsylvania (next state inland from New Jersey where we are). The price wasn't bargain enough for me, but in my (beer-goggled)-lust I clicked Bid Now and just made the opening offer. I forgot about it, and then found out I won it last night - just after I found out what I have to pay out for my daughters 5th birthday party in 3 days time. :grrr:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180748159047?ss ... 1423.l2649

:nice: ..engine?
Hopefully I can pick up a tidy wooden or ally shell to hang it off of before next season :giggle:

Incidentally - T15 - he's also selling this!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-50-HP-M ... 1893674734

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: When eBay and alcohol mix....

Post by Alacrity »

Pretty. Remember to get a longshaft transom boat though Kris . . .
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

knarloid

Post by knarloid »

Yes - there's an aluminium runabout in my neighbours garden which would be ideal if I could find out who owns it to take it off their hands and do a restoration on the transom. Unfortunately the house is empty, so I haven't been able to get a message to the owners.

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

My beautiful ever patient wife doesn't believe there are others with twitchy ebay fingeritis.I'll be delighted to point you out to her as a shinning example of the phenomenon. :hilarious: Nice engine,and I like the 50 too.Sure it's only in the next State,only about an eight hour drive,nice Sunday afternoon spin out :drink:
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

Nice looking merc's :perfect: As for ebay I'm like a magpie when it comes to shinny merc parts :chuffed: actually I don't think I could build my boats without ebay but it can get out of hand when you mix it with alcohol alright. :hilarious:

knarloid

Post by knarloid »

I don't feel so bad now - thanks to my fellow Irish lads above :perfect: