ID please.

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

ID please.

Post by catweazle »

This has been kicking around the yard for a year or more now,filling up with water,just wondered what it is ,it has a Merc 50 on the back.cheers cw.
Attachments
Horatia liners 056.jpg

catweazle

Re: ID please.

Post by catweazle »

its only been out twice in a year the yard tell me,thats once more than me :hilarious:
Attachments
Horatia liners 037.jpg

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

dateline bikini, made at dockray hall, Cumbria.

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

eastcoast wrote:dateline bikini, made at dockray hall, Cumbria.
Thanks.it looks about 70s anymore known,like handling ,speed etc .anygood in saltwater.cheers cw.

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Dont tell me i have found the only boat no club member has owned before :hmmm: anybody know more ?cheers cw.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Missed this one...there are a few the inboard Bounty models in the club, which are available with a number of powerplants and either outdrive or jet. The Bikini is well respected too - they seem to have more than a passing resemblance to the popular Sidewinder boats in the US, but I've never bothered to investigate the link. I think Lloyd Stebbings on the Pearly Miss site owns both the name and moulds, so might be worthwhile talking to him if you're interested in them.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

...and I think the 50hp is a bit too small for the size and weight of them. I think a (longshaft) Merc 85 would be a nice compromise..
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast »

they look good just sat in the water, nice sea or lake boat. floors and transoms rot, replaced mine, deck stringers can crack and need reinforcing, which I have done.
mine has a strong 65 evinrude, makes around 40 mph and gets up on plane very easy.

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Thanks both, will keep my ear to the ground as a lot of boats get snatched by the yard for non payment of fees so could be a winner.