Itchen & Scratchin Run

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Re: Itchen & Scratchin Run

Post by Scandal »

Thanks Nick for organising another sunny blast on the water. :perfect:

I think the With Vital is running better than ever, and thanks to the interesting variety of waves and holes from any direction, I think I could have a go with one of those bucking bronco machines. :wild:

(I'm joking) :woo: Actually I'd like to see a fiziopherapissed. :hmmm:
Al :help:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Great pics Dan - hope you both can make more of them- guess that 33hp is next on the list of projects?

I am walking crab-like this am...Mrs Rapier not sympathetic; she says if it was bumpy, I should have taken the thunderski.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

How did the boat run Dan, did the keel mod help?
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

Yeah 33 is definitely a priority now especially after clocking a measly 12mph on my speedo app :( still had an excellent day though, I have a bruised back from the coming round the back of my seat so your not the only one with injuries :console:
Boat ran great thanks Geoff, albeit a little slower than the rest :? Keel mod made things much better too I can now turn on a tight lock at full throttle with no problems so thanks for the help :thumbsup: I also took it on the Severn today and I don't seem to have lost any of the handling on the rivers either so I'm happy!
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

water_buoy wrote:Keel mod made things much better too I can now turn on a tight lock at full throttle with no problems so thanks for the help :thumbsup: I also took it on the Severn today and I don't seem to have lost any of the handling on the rivers either so I'm happy!
That is good news Dan, glad to be of assistance. Get that 33 built now! :wot:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Seeing Dan's pictures makes me even more fed up that I couldn't make it! :cry:

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

Yeah I'm going to crack on with the 33 this week but I'm determined not to rush it! Might just get it done by the end of the season though, possibly in time for Poole.
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

My saturday breakdown appears to be a duff, but brand new, plug on the bottom pot...but was playing around with the anti-pop switch before (they cut the spark to the bottom cylinder on overrev) I decided to put the testers on the plugs.

p.s another I&S run for July 27th...

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Rapier wrote:My saturday breakdown appears to be a duff, but brand new, plug on the bottom pot...but was playing around with the anti-pop switch before (they cut the spark to the bottom cylinder on overrev) I decided to put the testers on the plugs.

p.s another I&S run for July 27th...
Have you tested it on the 'oggin & its finally OK now?

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Alacrity wrote:Have you tested it on the 'oggin & its finally OK now?
Not yet, taking a day off tomorrow to test at Burseldon Outboards, with the test prop on. If it all works properly I'll be very happy.