trad boat show

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

vaf123
CMBA Member: 841

trad boat show

Post by vaf123 »

Anyone with a Healey boat interested in showing it at the Henley Trad Boat Show 20th and 21st July? The Austin Healey Car Club have a stand and they are keen to include some boats. So far they have only managed to find one. It would be a static display.

Healey75

Re: trad boat show

Post by Healey75 »

I have a Healey Sprite boat, can you PM more info please
Growing up is optional...

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Sadly, I don't think you will find they will have anything to do with a fibreglass boat. I spoke with the organisers at the London boat show a couple of years ago (about the Healey boats then) & they wouldn't consider one. They also don't wan't ply boats & I pointed out that all Healey boats were (in the main) fibreglass with a minority being ply. They did allow a ply Healey 55 (Tony V's) in the end but the shame of was that back then Tony had the whole range apart from the Skimaster but wasn't allowed to take them.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

vaf123

Post by vaf123 »

I have been in contact with the organiser of the Austin Healey club stand and it seems that only wood constructed boats are acceptable. So only the early ply boats can be shown. Tony V is taking one of his boats I understand. My Healey Sportboat is unfortunately out of commission with the engine removed so I can't take that. Two years ago I took part in this event as a boat of special interest.

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Post by welshhealey »

That will be interesting to find out which one he is taking, as all of his collection apart from a GRP 75 (next hull no. to mine oddly enough) now reside in The Netherlands :shock:

vaf123

Post by vaf123 »

I will try to find out which model he is showing

vaf123

Post by vaf123 »

Evening all.
I have contacted the organiser and they will accept a fibreglass hull as long as the top sides are timber. Tony V's boat is a75.
So if anyone has such a Healey boat they would be most welcome. They only have one boat so far. It would of course be good publicity for our club. PM me for further details.

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

My Sprite is all grp...
Growing up is optional...