New Member, Working on a DELTA.

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Surfin
CMBA Member: 1258

New Member, Working on a DELTA.

Post by Surfin »

Hi, I have recently acquired a Ray Wright Delta. 3L v6 Essex
678299. June 1978 boat 299

I have done some minor work on the carb and the cooling and its going beautifully.
After cleaning and a damn good polish i was left with this.

https://imgur.com/a/FAb8L9C

Happy with it, but i think with an electric buffer i will be able to get it white, before I start patching the cracks in the gelcoat! Anybody got any advice?

Does anyone have any information about Ray Wright and Deltas? I've been looking and come up with nothing.

Regards. Matt
Attachments
121267553_781040386063935_7519682972170620626_n.jpg

kgarla
CMBA Member: 143

Re: New Member, Working on a DELTA.

Post by kgarla »

Hi Matt and welcome to the club. I had a V6 Delta for 4 years. Was great fun but had to let her go for another boat. See Padstow Delta Lady 2015 on U tube ! Ray Wright built the Deltas after leaving Albatross Marine. Early boats in Aluminium, Later boats in GRP. Mine was 1970's GRP. With the Essex Engine this was rather heavy and required a BRAKED trailer. Looks like yours is on an unbraked trailer so please check the weight at a weighbridge as she looks a very nice boat and you dont want any problems towing her about. My boat had raw water cooling, gave me a few problems with regular salt water use especially the Core Plugs which i eventually replaced with Stainless Steel ones. Other than that she was great fun. I have to say I have no experience with repairing cracked gel coat, but would be tempted to look for videos on that on the web. We have a number of V6 Delta owners and hopefully as more see your post someone may be able to give you more info. Cheers Kgarla