Albatross Mark 3 fuel pump

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

CRG
CMBA Member: 1280

Albatross Mark 3 fuel pump

Post by CRG »

I have started my next renovation project - an Albatross Mark 3. All very original as far as I can see but the fuel pump has been removed at some point. Can anyone advise what type of fuel pump I can/should use?
Thanks
Chris
Attachments
s-l1600 (3).jpg

Pete54
CMBA Member: 769

Re: Albatross Mark 3 fuel pump

Post by Pete54 »

My Mk3 has a standard SU electrical pump. I suspect that is the original choice as it fits rather neatly into the circular mount on the top of the fuel tank. There are SU's designed to suck (Morris Minor etc) and there are the best ones to use. Bonne chance

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

Not difficult, it’s for an SU low pressure pump. It fits on that bracket pointing backwards. The outlet with a gravity non return valve inside sits at the top.
Options? Buy a new one from Burlen or check eBay, but one and a rebuild kit from Burlen.
Are they reliable? Well…. Known to be sticky at times.
You can buy “electronic” versions without points I believe but then it’s a classic boat so it’s up to you.
Just make sure to put some thread seal on the unions, you do not want petrol sloshing around in the bilge.
Have fun

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

Send me a pm with an email address and I can send you some pictures