1966 Evinrude sold on EBay

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Sicobra
CMBA Member: 891

1966 Evinrude sold on EBay

Post by Sicobra »

Did anyone here by any chance win the 1966 Evinrude 18 hp fast win that was sold on EBay by a chap in Norwich on Sunday? If you did and have not yet arrange pickup or collection would you be good enough to contact me first, I have a proposal to put to you, cheers, Simon

Fishhenge
CMBA Member: 0

Re: 1966 Evinrude sold on EBay

Post by Fishhenge »

I cannot tell a lie, it was me. :D

Sicobra

Post by Sicobra »

Cool, I was wondering if someone in the club got it and I am glad you did, it seemed like a nice engine when I looked at it but I missed the auction end, still I have plenty to play with!!!! How have you got on with it? Got it running yet? I couldn't get a spark but everything else looked good for its age. :perfect:

Fishhenge
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Fishhenge »

Hi, I haven't attempted to get it going yet, due to a lack of space in my lockup at the moment, but it is in lovely condition, the only problem found so far being one of the two 'feet' on the back of the engine tray is broken, but that should be easy to sort out. All in good time!

Sicobra

Post by Sicobra »

I wish you luck with it, it did look in very nice condition for its age although I couldn't see a spark but probably easy to sort with new points and coils, I have a 10hp that I will probably break for spares so I may be able to help you with the broken bit if they cross over so you will need to check and it would need a paint, just let me know when you get round to it, cheers.