Delta V6 clutch

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

kgarla
CMBA Member: 143

Delta V6 clutch

Post by kgarla »

Hi All, First time on having just bought the V6 Delta "Delta Lady". The engine is out for major work, whilst out i need to replace the clutch release bearing. Any idea whats its from ? doesnt appear to be Transit or Capri and where does the double looped spring come from ? yeah i should have stuck to the Poncelet ! See you at Cardiff ..... well its 2012 and I apologise for my tardiness... PROBLEM WAS SOLVED.... engine had the wrong FLYWHEEL on it... all solved, loads of money spent.... Goes quite well now !!!! Be at Cardiff 2012 Thanks again Kgarla. :grrr:
Last edited by kgarla on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Re: Delta V6 clutch

Post by Tatra Man »

Just a guess (as it's where the engine comes from) - Mk.IV Zodiac.
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Post by bigminiandy »

Try an Essex V6 parts supplier. Such as http://www.essexengines.com/ or www.burtonpower.com
You might need to find the engine number so they have a reference

Are you taking the Delta with you to Cardiff? I'll be there in ours!!!
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

kgarla
CMBA Member: 143

Post by kgarla »

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I will be making phone calls monday morning. Assuming the engine is rebuilt in time, the only missing part is the clutch bearing, it will be at Cardiff. There may also be another suprise appearance at Cardiff of a Delta with a LOTUS twincam engine. So much work to do in so little time !!
Thanks, Kgarla.