Any parts for a 3hp johnson

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Any parts for a 3hp johnson

Post by sean-nós »

I picked up this little thing but am finding it hard to find some parts like the face plate and nobs I think it looks like this.

Also a little plate off the bottom of the leg.

I can't find any engine number but I think it's around 67 any help or advice would be great :thumbsup:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Any parts for a 3hp johnson

Post by Rapier »

Decals look identical to my '67, OMC site is down, so can't check, but I think pre 66 had 2 thumbs screws. The model number is normally on a plate between the tilt tube, on 2 thumb screw versions is normally down on the left or right of the transom bracket. Nice though, weedless & long shaft...You might have joy asking for parts on the aomci.org site, they'll be 2 a penny in the states.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Have a set of the Evinrude Lightwin version (only difference is the cowlings) Data bulletins from the Dealer Service manual I can scan, if you want / need? They cover just about the entire motor with various cutaways, specs, carb, magneto, l/u, gearbox, operating instructions.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

sean-nós

Post by sean-nós »

Thanks for your help :thumbsup: I should have no problem with getting the engine going I can see that the coils are all cracked up like they were on the evinrude so I'll start there and keep an eye on ebay for the parts or try aomci.org failing that I'll make them :console:

simonb
CMBA Member: 0

Post by simonb »

Hi Sean-nos,

I've got coils, points and condensers for this engine. I will have a hunt through my boxes and see if I have anything else laying about. I've also got a service manual as well.

Great engines :)

Regards
Simon

sean-nós

Post by sean-nós »

simonb wrote:Hi Sean-nos,

I've got coils, points and condensers for this engine. I will have a hunt through my boxes and see if I have anything else laying about. I've also got a service manual as well.

Great engines :)

Regards
Simon
Thanks Simon I was able to get new points,coils and condensers it's just the two parts above I'm looking for now, I could have got the face plate for $5 but they wanted $35 to post it :grrr: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Johnson ... 1782505406

Thanks again :thumbsup: